Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Welcome Anne-Claire and Elise Holmes!



Praise be to God, this afternoon Chris, Emma, Charlotte, and I welcomed two more beautiful girls into our family. Anne-Claire Evangeline was born at 12:52PM, weighing 3 pounds 11 ounces and measuring 16.5 inches long. Elise Lydia Michelle was born at 12:54PM, weighing 2 pounds 10 ounces and measuring 15.5 inches long. As I write this, I have not yet gotten to see our girls, but I am anxiously waiting for my spinal to wear off so I can go upstairs. I am feeling as well as can be expected following major abdominal surgery, and all reports on the babies have been good. Both girls are on CPAP to help their breathing, but other than that are not getting any other support as far as I know right now. Here are some early pictures. We'll post more as we take them and give more information soon. The pics are of Anne-Claire and Elise in the OR and Anne-Claire and Elise in the NICU--in that order.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

How overwhelming is God's goodness to you and to all of us in giving you these precious girls! I think Anne-Claire, in the NICU photo looks like Emma. I can't wait to meet them! I'm praying that you'll be able to get upstairs to meet them face to face very soon.

BLP said...

We've been praying for you all since we heard about their twins' complications, and we've seen so many prayers answered. We pray that the babies will do well and get out of the NICU as soon as possible. Praise God for His goodness to you!

Love, the Picketts
(PS - Noah's kicking excitedly as I type this :)

Sherri Winks said...

Congratulations, Michelle! The girls are absolutely beautiful. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers . . .

Rob said...

Congratulations! Such great news.

Bethany & Randy said...

What a wonderful reason for Chris to cancel his lunch plans. Congratulations to you all! The girls are beautiful.

Janet said...

Praise God for his lovingkindness in giving you the desires of your heart. Your faith and patience through this trial were a great testimony. Love, The Howells

tommysmommy said...

Wonderful wonderful!!! So glad to hear this blessed news. Hugs to all...

April Bacon said...

many prayers to your family. I am a friend of Janet Williams and have been following your story. As a fellow NICU mom, just know to take it day by day. It's so hard not to be able to care for your child, but with all the strength you've displayed so far, I am so inspired. The nurses will be your new best friends. Stock up on lotion and hand cream because the scrub-in process makes your hands ache after a few weeks!

teacherjanet said...

Welcome to the world Anne-Claire and Elise! I look forward to watching you both grow and get stronger so that your mommy and daddy can take you home!

catinbody said...

Welcome to the world Anne-Claire and Elise!! And, what a wonderful world it is now that we have these two--I can't wait to meet them.

catinbody said...

Welcome to the world, Anne-Claire and Elise! It's a better place with you two a part of it. : ) I can't wait to meet your baby girls.