Monday, May 18, 2009

Blast from the past

Friday night Chris had a hard time sleeping, so he went downstairs and looked through old photos. He found a few of us right around the time we got engaged, November 6, 1998, that made him a bit nostalgic. I thought I'd post one of them that was taken over the Christmas holidays when we went to Colorado with several friends. We might have been out celebrating my 22nd birthday--I really don't remember--but it was 10 years ago! We were babies!


Tonight, we were talking about those days when we were young and foolish. I told Chris I'm glad those days are over. I'm so happy with our life here in Indiana with Emma and Charlotte, and soon to be adding, Anne-Claire and Elise. We are so incredibly blessed! We've come a long way, have gained a few pounds, and have been (are going through) some big challenges, but through it all our love for one another has grown, our faith has increased, and our life has been sweetened by four silly girls. (It's a foregone conclusion that Anne-Claire and Elise will be as silly as Emma and Charlotte). LOL

2 comments:

teacherjanet said...

He! HE! I remember this night! Seems like just yesterday on one hand and an eternity ago on the other! :)

catinbody said...

Babies! I think we look about the same, though---don't we. : ) I love to see those "old" pictures.