Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter with our family



On Friday, April 10, we learned that I would be hospitalized for the duration of my pregnancy. My doctor, a Believer, allowed me to go home for Easter weekend to enjoy and celebrate with Chris and the girls. The weekend was wonderful, while, bittersweet at times because I was thinking about my upcoming hospitalization on Monday.

We decided that it was important to worship with our church family on Sunday, and I'm so glad we did. The deacons made sure a couch was available for me in the back of the church, which allowed me to stretch out and rest during the service. Although, I cried through much of the music, it ministered to my soul in ways that I'd missed since my bedrest began. I'd also been yearning to sit under teaching of the Word. I never knew how much I'd miss hearing God's Word preached until I became unable to attend church on Sundays. I also missed fellowship with other Believers. It is the tradition of our church to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord with a large Easter feast following the worship service. Unfortunately, I didn't think I would be up to staying for the luncheon, but the sweet ladies of the hospitality committee and Joe Rice, a beloved deacon, made sure we had a wonderful meal to take home to enjoy.

Emma and Charlotte looked beautiful in their new Easter dresses sent to them from Aunt Cindy, Uncle Scott, Trevor and Taylor. They had nice Easter baskets thanks to Aunt Julie who went shopping when I wasn't able to and had fun checking out their baskets of goodies. After lunch we took some fun pictures outside.

Emma and Charlotte picking flowers in our yard





Pretty Charlotte in her Easter dress with Emma putting flowers in her basket



Mama and her two big girls and two baby girls in her womb



Daddy with his big girls


After taking pics in our yard, we went to the Lehr's for an Easter egg hunt. The Chasteens were also there with their two, so it was a lot of fun. The girls had a blast finding eggs the dads hid in the backyard. Charlotte had more fun eating Skittles--she walked around with the candy in one hand and her basket in the other. Needless to say, she had no way of picking up any eggs that way, but eventually was coaxed into setting her Skittles down so she could find some pretty eggs. She also had a lot of fun sliding down the slide. I couldn't believe my baby was climbing up the ladder and sliding down a really fast slide all by herself. Thankfully, the dads stood close by in case she needed any assistance. Emma also enjoyed herself hunting eggs with her best friends Alice and Elissa. She was all about the candy! Here are some pics of the egg hunt.

Four beautiful egg hunters: Elissa, Charlotte, Alice, and Emma


Emma wearing the Easter outfit from Nanny and Papa


Charlotte hunting with Anna's help



1 comment:

Lauren said...

I am so glad you were able to worship with your family on Easter. What a wonderful gift from God. I am still praying for you.

Love,
Lauren