Thursday, January 22, 2009

My 32nd Birthday


Yes, I am now 32 years old. I remember being in college and having sisters who were 31 and 32 and my friends thought that was "so old." At the time, I didn't view my sisters as old, so now that I'm the one in her "early thirties," I guess that gets me off the hook of being "so old." Okay, okay, I know I'm old, but I really didn't see my sisters as old back then. I still don't see them as old, in case you're wondering, (Dorothy and Cindy), you're just my sisters. :)

I also remember watching the show "thirtysomething" when I was younger. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the notion that I am thirty-something now. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I do have two children with two more on the way. I've been married for nine years. And I hold two and 3/4 degrees. Can I say I have 3/4 of a degree? I think it's probably safe to say, sorry Mom, Dad, and everyone else who really wants me to finish, but the likelihood that I write a dissertation with four children is pretty slim. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. This post is supposed to be about my birthday.

This year I spent my birthday with my husband and girls at the Indianapolis Children's Museum. We purchased a membership (a true sign of being thirty-something) because it would pay for itself in three visits and with the membership the girls can ride the merry-go-round as many times as Mama and Daddy can stand it. We had a great time and have already been back once more since then. After the museum, we met up with Julie, Todd, and Jamie at Buca di Beppo and had a fabulous Italian family-style meal. I had a coupon for a free dessert (I chose the chocolate cake), and then they gave me another complimentary birthday cake that was red velvet. Our server and others sang to me, which Emma loved. It was lots of fun! The best part of the day was dropping into bed knowing that I have a wonderful family and great friends to share my day with, hopefully for many years to come.


The girls sliding at the preschool Jolly Days ice castle


Riding in a real Indy car

Charlotte playing in Babyscape


Riding the Merry-Go-Round (Charlotte was on the inside horse, so you can't see her. Sad.)

2 comments:

teacherjanet said...

I don't know where all the time has gone and how we got into our thirties either. It really does seem that we were just in college yesterday yet it will be 10 years ago in May. I think we are just old and wise now! :)

Unknown said...

I don't feel "old" either. I love the pictures. Glad you had a great b-day. I still try to make you 5 or at least in grade school... not 32. Wow time flies. Luv, dorothy